7. The Orchard House
Built in 1938, The Orchard House has served as a dormitory, infirmary, and photo lab throughout its history. Eleanor Sawin lived here in the 1940s. In the 1950s, the late Yanko Cajnar and his wife Maria (Mitzi) lived in Orchard Cottage with their three children: Hansi, Martina and Annie. Yanko was from Slovenia and Mitzi from Austria. An outstanding carpenter and groundsman, Yanko was highly respected by all, but especially by boarding school boys, whose hair he cut while listening to the teenage shenanigans. Yanko gave fatherly support to the boys who came back 50 years later to honor him. After Yanko's death in 2005, his wife, Mitzi, lived in the house until she passed away in 2016.
In 2017, the home was renovated and is once again used for faculty housing.