At whatever age students join the Sanford community, they embark upon a journey with us. We help them pack their bags with all they will need to continue that journey on into the rest of their lives, as scholars and as people.
Sanford School offers a rigorous, engaging, well-rounded, college-preparatory curriculum to every student. In addition to delving deep into core subjects, Sanford students experience the visual and performing arts, immerse themselves in world languages and cultures, and participate actively in physical education and athletics. Rather than being extras, these vital, interwoven parts of our curriculum enhance students’ knowledge and cultural literacy in every area.
Led by our stellar faculty, Sanford students partner in their own education. Our academic program:
- Explores who they are and who they are becoming
- Uncovers and develops unique talents and abilities
- Challenges students to set and meet high personal standards for themselves and the communities they join
- Stretches them to learn as much as they possibly can
- Impels them to become critical thinkers and adept problem-solvers
- Teaches them when and how to apply their knowledge effectively and thoroughly
- Gives them the tools and confidence they need to be independent learners, powerful self-advocates, and effective, involved leaders.
Expectations are high, but so is the level of genuinely caring, developmentally appropriate support every student receives at each level.
Sanford students leave us as articulate, creative, self-assured, caring and responsible young people who return to tell us how well prepared they feel not just for college, but for life. We invite you to learn more about the Sanford journey in each of our divisions.