3a & 3b. Albright & Yearsley Halls (Lower School)
- Lower School Administrative Offices
- Lower School Classrooms
- Lower School Makerspace
- Lower School Technology Nook
Elizabeth C. Albright Hall
Named for Elizabeth Custer Albright, a master teacher at Sanford from 1938 to 1954, the cornerstone was laid in 1954 as the Class of 1954’s class gift. Students and faculty laid the bricks. The completed building was the gift of the Class of 1957. Albright Hall served as the upper school building from 1958 to1969. The building was re-dedicated as part of the newly refurbished lower school in 2004.
Sarah W. Yearsley Hall
Dedicated in 1990 and re-dedicated in 2005, this section—of what is now the lower school—was added to Albright Hall in 1990. It is named for Sarah Yearsley, a long-time teacher and administrator in the kindergarten and prekindergarten grades.