4. The Michael & Nancy Pia Center for Creativity at Hebb Hall
- Visual Arts Classrooms
- Foreign Language Classrooms
- Learning Services and Support Classrooms
- Visual Arts Department
Hebb Hall was built in 1936; it was named for the school our founder Ellen Q. Sawin attended, Miss Hebb’s School in Wilmington. For many years, Hebb Hall was our first lower school and housed lower and middle school art.
Today, The Pia Center features two larger, brighter classrooms where lower and middle school art classes will continue to take place. The second floor now houses two French classrooms, learning services, and support space. In addition, a large open deck overlooking Chapel Valley was added, creating a new space for students to engage in artistic creation.