13. Stephen May Hall
- Upper School Administrative Offices
- Upper School Humanities Classrooms
- English, History, World Language, and Visual Art Departments
- Upper School Computer Lab
- Ceramics Studio
- The Commons
Stephen May Hall was remodeled from “The Old Barn” as a boys’ and girls’ dormitory and dedicated in 1935. The building was re-dedicated after the completion of the new Stephen May Hall in 2003. There are two identical plaques on Stephen May Hall that read:
Stephen May Hall
in Loving Memory of
Stephen and May McKee
Friends and Benefactors
At the time when Mother Sawin asked the McKees to whom the building should be dedicated, each designated the other and neither would yield. That is the reason why the building is named as it is—for Stephen & May.
In the fall of 2003, two well-equipped visual art studios were added to the top floor of Stephen May Hall. The studios, for grades 7–12, were made possible by generous gifts from Carole A. Bieber and Marc Ham.
In the spring of 2004, a state-of-the-art computer science laboratory, donated by the Home and School Association, was added to the top floor. In 2017, the enhanced computer lab—with Macs, PCs, and other technology equipment—was relocated to the first floor.