1. Sanford Hall (Administrative Offices)
- Admission & Financial Aid Office
- Development & Alumni Office
- Spirit Store
On September 24, 1930, Mother Sawin, Elsie Ponds (a co-teacher), and seven students launched Sunny Hills School in the building named Sanford Hall. The school’s name was later changed to Sanford in memory of one of the children of the Founders—Sanford W. Sawin, Jr.—who died at age 10 in 1916. Until 2011, this building was used for prekindergarten classes.
The plaque on the outside wall reads as follows:
In Loving Memory of Sanford W. Sawin, Jr.
“In Every Heart There Lies a Dream”